Succession planning, a topic that is as important as it is sensitive. Especially in the case of large private or business assets, the best way of transferring them to future generations is not always easy to find. As a rule, it makes sense to make arrangements as early as possible, both for the transfer during your lifetime and for the case of inheritance.
We support you in developing a concept adapted to your wishes and your situation with a holistic approach. From planning to the drafting of agreements and contracts to the notification and declaration of the inheritance or gift to the tax authorities. For international concepts, we use our worldwide KPMG network and involve local experts in the relevant countries so that your succession planning simply crosses borders.
Our services in the area of succession include:
- Transfer of assets, also in the context of anticipated succession, e.g. gifts, usufruct agreements, use of tax allowances or tax exemptions
- Preparation of inheritance contracts, wills, marriage contracts and divorce settlement agreements*.
- Preparation of living wills and health care proxies*
- Support in divorce proceedings *
- Asset and company valuations
- International handling of inheritance cases
- Establishment and ongoing advice on family pools
- Declaration advice / inheritance and gift tax
* Legal services are provided by KPMG Law Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH.
Partner Tax, Family Businesses, Private Client Tax
KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft