Strengthening deal conviction
Corporate deal teams and financial investors are facing unprecedented pressure. The M&A market is highly competitive, massive and increasing amounts of data need to be analyzed for due diligence and deal timelines have shortened dramatically. The time pressure and scope of the task can leave buyers and sellers wondering if they’ve missed risks or opportunities. Since all bidders have access to the same data, it’s increasingly difficult to find a competitive edge.
KPMG Deal Analytics will help you strengthen your deal conviction. We merge advanced analytic methodologies and proprietary automated data analysis tools with our deep industry knowledge and global reach to perform thorough due diligence at deal speed and generate actionable insights that can be used for post-deal value creation. We provide you with unbiased answers to your questions and identify and answer the non-obvious questions that other buyers aren’t asking.
How KPMG can help
- Perform due diligence at deal speed
- Confirm or reject the investment hypothesis
- Use advanced analytics to find hidden opportunities and risks
- Improve post-deal integration and value creation
- Develop a view of valuation that you can use to evaluate bids when you’re selling a business
Insights and resources
To win in the current market, PE firms need an edge. The time for PE firms to realize the benefits of data science is now. Firms that do not employ data science risk being left behind
The time for PE firms to realize the benefits of data science is now
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
KPMG was the #1 Canadian mid-market M&A advisor for 2017-2021 combined, based on volume of transactions. Our M&A data analytics team draws on the knowledge of the M&A team with the most deal experience in Canada, with access to a unique, broad and deep data set.
In addition to our knowledge and superior data set, we also use proprietary, automated analytical tools, including:
- KPMG’s Strategic Profitability Insights (SPI) platform, which combines cutting-edge data analysis technology and tools with KPMG industry knowledge to rapidly perform highly granular analyses and modelling of all facets of a target business including customers, products, supply chain, finance and operations. By combining raw transaction-level data from the target with industry data, we can generate insights outside the data room information available to all bidders and remove the target company management filter. SPI allows testing of investment hypotheses with limited or no access to management.
- KPMG’s Recurring Revenue Insights tool, which is used to analyze the health of the revenue of companies with a recurring revenue business model.
- KPMG’s Geospatial Analytics methodology, which is used to add another dimension to traditional financial analysis by analyzing companies through a location-oriented lens.
KPMG deal analytics will help strengthen your deal conviction and ensure you haven’t missed any risks or opportunities. We’ll provide you with unbiased answers to your questions, help you evaluate the target’s investment thesis, quantify transaction value and assess risk. Should you choose to complete the merger or acquisition, you’ll be armed with actionable insights to ensure better post-deal integration of the target firm and stronger post-deal value creation.
By analyzing transaction-level data for your firm, KPMG Deal Analytics will help you develop a robust understanding of the unique value drivers for your business. This will enable you to prepare thorough answers to the questions you’ll be asked by buyers, craft a compelling pitch and develop a strong view on valuation that you can use to confidently evaluate offers.
Connect with us
Stay up to date with what matters to you
Gain access to personalized content based on your interests by signing up today
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia