In a time when there is increasing uncertainty as to the availability of tax reliefs for pension contributions, and ever-tighter regulations and scrutiny in the area of pensions, our practice can assist employers and individuals to stay informed as to the effect of tax reforms and new regulations on their pensions.
How KPMG can help
KPMG’s multidisciplinary Pensions Advisory Services function includes highly qualified and experienced actuaries, tax advisers, pension consultants, corporate finance professionals and qualified financial advisers who utilise local actuarial and consultancy experience to provide broad-based, commercial advice to a range of clients. Our tax advisers interact closely with company’s finance and human resources teams to advise on existing and potential employee reward strategies.
Our experience is applicable across a number of sectors and our tax services include:
- Advice on the establishment and implementation of individual and occupational pension schemes, both defined contribution and defined benefit
- Assistance with pension disputes that arise between individuals and/or employers with the Revenue Commissioners
- Analysis on potential tax implications arising on the restructuring and wind-up of pension schemes
- Advice on the funding limits applicable to individual pension funds – i.e. Standard Fund threshold (“SFT”) / Personal Fund Threshold (“PFT”)
- Providing guidance on tax free lump sums potentially available to individuals on retirement
Get in touch
For assistance with planning your employee reward strategy, please contact our team below - we'd be delighted to hear from you.