In an increasingly compliance focused tax environment in Ireland (and globally), it is important that employers have the necessary processes and controls in place to ensure that both they and their employees, are compliant with all PAYE, USC and PRSI reporting requirements.
In particular, the introduction of Real Time Reporting in Ireland from 1 January 2019 has given the Irish tax authorities greater visibility over employer payroll compliance, and with that, we are seeing increased Revenue scrutiny in this regard, with more audits, enquiries and interventions than before.
How KPMG can help
Our Employment Tax function helps employers identify employment tax compliance issues before they become more significant and costly problems, and also help identify planning opportunities before it is too late.
- Some of the common areas where our Employment Tax team can provides support are highlighted below:
- PAYE/USC/PRSI reviews
- PAYE/USC/PRSI Revenue audit and intervention assistance
- Social Security advice
- Employee reward review and design
- Flexible benefits
- Employee share incentive schemes
- Payroll due diligence review for the sale/purchase of a business
- Pension and retirement planning
- Assistance with a global workforce and business travellers
- Employment and personal tax compliance services
- Director compliance statements
- Immigration matters
- Employment law considerations
Get in touch
For assistance with any employment tax issue, please contact our team below - we'd be delighted to hear from you.