Clinical device management support is a strategic priority for hospitals as they digitize care.
With up to 20 vital clinical devices connected in the average hospital room, proper maintenance and support and adherence to strict regulations are essential to ensure patient safety and device efficacy.
Hospitals must streamline the purchase, storage, maintenance and disposal of clinical devices to manage costs and deliver a trusted patient experience.
Securing patient privacy and protecting devices from cyberattacks and data breaches requires increasingly sophisticated guardrails.
As the lines between medical engineering and IT blur, KPMG recommends a single platform for clinical device management, allowing these teams to optimize scarce resources and help ensure that devices are in optimal working order.
KPMG and ServiceNow have teamed up to deliver a robust Clinical Asset Lifecycle Management Solution that is purpose-built for the complex and unique needs of healthcare organizations.
Unlike other industry agnostic asset management software, ServiceNow’s Clinical Asset Lifecycle Management Solution is built on a healthcare data model that prioritizes patient safety, quality of care and maintenance management for the clinical, medical engineering, and technology teams involved in Clinical Asset Lifecycle Management workflows.
KPMG healthcare clients are supported by a system of action that is MODERN – AUTOMATED – and provides– A POSITIVE PATIENT AND EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
Imagine your organization having:
• A cloud-enabled, multi-channel approach to centrally manage preventative maintenance and historical and future work orders for the Medical Engineering Department
• A robust way to track unique device identifiers, manufacturers, models for compliance reporting, and recalls
• A central view of capital fleets and leases to get the most out of third-party contracts and help support evidence-based financial planning
• A business Intelligence module to generate real time reports to help optimize the best use of critical resources
• Monitoring capability for all clinical devices across the enterprise to help improve the cybersecurity posture of the hospital, and
• A user-friendly portal that allows clinicians to track their service requests so they can plan for the most productive day possible in caring for their patients
Together with ServiceNow’s Clinical Asset Lifecycle Management Solution, KPMG is ready to work with your organization to help enable a consumer-like experience, automate complex workflows, and deliver leading services while driving greater productivity and patient safety in clinical device management.