Indirect tax is a moving target
The KPMG Indirect Tax practice helps organizations monitor, manage, and meet state and local indirect tax requirements. With many businesses operating in multiple states and potentially hundreds of municipalities, and with new taxes and regulatory changes constantly appearing, addressing indirect tax compliance demands continuous attention and expertise.
KPMG can help make managing indirect tax easier, faster, and more accurate, freeing up businesses to focus on more strategic issues and goals. We work closely with each client to learn their business and understand the specific challenges they face in complying with complex regulations. Our combination of extensive tax and compliance experience and familiarity with the latest technology tools makes KPMG highly qualified to help companies transform their indirect tax function. Services include:
- Consulting, research, and planning on issues including reverse audits, nexus regulation, taxability reviews, M&A transactions, and restructuring
- Compliance support for sales/use, telecom, property tax, unclaimed property, business licenses, and motor fuels/excise tax
- Value-added tax (VAT) issues including compliance, tax engine solutions, and VAT recovery
- Tax controversy and dispute resolution, including audits and appeals and managed audits
- KPMG Indirect Tax Technology, including tax engine implementation and software vendor selection
- Digital transformation planning and implementation through automation and data analytics
- Tax recovery options including reverse audits and cost optimization
- Voluntary disclosure agreements (VDAs)
With hundreds of specialists available and years of experience helping Fortune 500 companies as well as smaller entities, KPMG is one of the largest providers of indirect tax services in the world. Let us help you better manage your indirect tax burden.