Business License Services
To comply with state and local tax laws, businesses need up-to-date licenses and permits. But filing forms, submitting information, and meeting deadlines can be time-consuming and confusing, especially for companies that are adding locations or new products and services.
KPMG Business License Services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client—from companies doing business in multiple states and municipalities to smaller local organizations. And while we use our knowledge and technology to meet complex localized regulations, you’re in control, with continuous access to forms and paperwork delivered by an online workflow system.
Our services include:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of calendars and inventory for all licenses
- Preparation and filing of licenses, permits, and related documents
- Maintenance of license renewals and documentation in secure electronic files
- State and local registrations and business license applications
- Tax registration and filing
- Design, delivery, and maintenance of progress reports and updates
- Contacting local jurisdictions for account numbers and information
- Consulting and research services for companies adding new locations and businesses
- Audit support and gap analysis of licensing issues