Manage requirements and increase savings
Although it isn’t used in the United States, value-added tax (VAT) is levied by more than 170 other countries, making it the most common form of tax worldwide. U.S. companies with overseas operations must pay this indirect tax and keep accurate records to receive credits for the VAT paid at every stage in the supply chain, from production to final sale.
Based in the U.S. as part of our State and Local Tax practice, the KPMG VAT team offers an international perspective delivered locally. Our professionals have hands-on experience working with VAT regimes around the world, and with companies in a wide range of industries. Services include:
- Defining and managing key VAT risks
- Identifying opportunities to reduce absolute VAT costs and cash flow impacts
- Reviewing an organization’s locations, businesses, and supply chain to identify VAT registration requirements
- Assisting with compliance requirements in multiple regions
- Implementing and maintaining technology platforms to automate VAT payment and compliance
- Assisting with audits and recoveries from local tax authorities
Our U.S. VAT team works closely with KPMG Global Indirect Tax professionals from KPMG International member firms around the world. Wherever you are, we can mobilize a team to address your needs effectively.