Organizations are undergoing pressure across the supply chain to decarbonize their operations and physical assets, recognizing that 70% of global greenhouse emissions come from infrastructure. A successful decarbonization strategy should create value for the organization and enable the enterprise strategy. KPMG offers a comprehensive solution to help develop and implement a decarbonization strategy that serves core business needs, achieves climate goals and addresses challenging Scope 3 emissions.
70% of global GHG emissions come from infrastructure.
The KPMG approach begins with comprehensive decarbonization strategy and vision setting, with a core focus on asset-level diagnostics and analysis. Several steps are key to setting up your decarbonization strategy for success:
- Perform a carbon baseline assessment
- Define a decarbonized future state
- Conduct decarbonization scenario planning
- Create a roadmap and implementation plan
- Operationalize decarbonization
- Leverage climate risk and resilience analytics
KPMG has developed a suite of tools to help you on the journey to getting decarbonization right.