Lauren Herschman is a Partner in the Business Tax Services (BTS) group of KPMG’s Baltimore office. She has more than 15 years of experience working with a diverse group of clients on projects ranging from provision preparation and review to compliance and consulting.
Professional and Industry Experience
Lauren has experience providing tax services to clients in several industries that are key to the Baltimore/Washington marketplace. She has significant experience in providing tax services to publically traded corporations and closely-held businesses. Her tax experience includes:
- Serving Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. for the past several years as the tax lead for all global direct and indirect taxes, statutory accounting, and global provision preparation under US GAAP.
- Overseeing the preparation and review of ASC 740 calculations for multi-national publicly traded clients including the implementation of large various tax provision software packages including One Source and Corp Tax.
- Overseeing the preparation of federal, state, and foreign tax returns for large C Corporations, S Corporations, and partnerships.
- Participating in special projects including engagements to calculate the IRC Section 199 Manufacturing Deduction, Due Diligence engagements, and IRS examinations.
- Organizing and running technical tax training for the Tax Department and for Audit staff, seniors, and managers.
Serving on firm sponsored committees such as the Local Action Council (LAC) and the KPMG Network of Women (KNOW).