Three recent engagements
- Currently advising a global manufacturer on how to optimize the operating model of their Accounting Shared Services Center. After 5 years, the company wanted to evaluate whether the structure and resources could effectively serve the needs of the business. The team is evaluating the current Accounting work plus opportunities to move other work into the Shared Services Center.
- Advised a utility company on getting increased value out of an SAP upgrade. After implementing a vanilla version, they added functionality in a phase 2 and asked for help ensuring that the customizations improve their efficiency. My team reviewed requirements, evaluated the impact on business processes, and conducted workshops to align the business around the new system and help improve adoption.
- Led a Finance Transformation project at a Fortune 250 consumer packaged goods company, identifying opportunities to rationalize work, improve processes, and flatten organizational structures. The business case provided a $17M NPV and a 22% reduction in baseline cost.
- Directed a Revenue Assurance project at a Canadian utility. Led a 15-member team identifying sources of $85 million of lost revenue and developing future-state processes and conceptual system design for a new revenue recognition method and data warehouse.
- Helped several regulated utility companies review and defend their service company allocations. Companies are relying more heavily upon service companies to improve efficiencies and lower costs, and regulators are stepping in to make sure their ratepayers are not subsidizing non-utility operations. I have reviewed allocation methods to determine if they are reasonable, shared leading practices and compared them to their peers, and created reports and testimony that they filed with their public utility commissions.
BBA, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Arizona Public Service
Puget Sound Energy