The Life Sciences industry operates in a shifting global ecosystem. Innovation – powered by data and technology – is essential to drive progress and bring medical breakthroughs to patients around the world.
Disruptive market entrants, niche startups and major global actors all have their part to play in delivering value for all stakeholders. But what does that mean in a global landscape shaped by demographic shifts, regulatory change, cost pressure, privacy concerns, breakthrough medical advances, evolving commercial models and growing demand? KPMG’s global network of Life Sciences professionals understand the megatrends affecting the industry. We draw on our experience and expertise to guide leaders in the Life Sciences industry and empower better business.
Enterprise & Portfolio Strategy
- What areas offer opportunities for sustainable growth and performance?
- How to optimize portfolio performance and balance investments?
- Which partners could be interested in the internal projects?
- What external assets offer best opportunity for inorganic growth?
- What is the value of the project?
- What are the risks and synergies of the acquisition?
Go-to-market and lauch strategy
- Where to play and how to win in the current healthcare markets?
- What activities are required to maximize the launch trajectory?
Pricing & market access strategy
- How to ensure the best pricing and reimbursement opportunities internationally?
- How to ptimize the competitive positioning of your product and use market events best?
Operating model strategy
- What is the most appropriate operating model for your company?
- How to transform operating model across all functions, end to end?
Innovation & ESG strategy
- Which new business models and technologies are required to increase impact and efficiency?
- How to make your firm ESG compliant or even an industry leader?
Breakthrough performance improvement
- How to achieve drastic performance improvement impacting bottom line or freeing up funding for future investments?
Digital & IT Strategy
Our KPMG Digital Transformation team supports clients with the entire IT life cycle from strategy creation to technology and supplier selection, contracting, designing target organizations and technology implementation.
IT Sourcing & Transformation
We create value by leveraging our capabilities and knowhow in development activities, operations and commercial activities and integrating the patient needs when implementing technology.
Digital & IT Transformation
Our dedicated team of transformation experts can make your digital transformation programme a vital business asset, through the framing, discovery, design, and implementation of an IT Strategy, as well as setting up and executing a digital transformation programme.
KPMG Target Operating Model
- Shape how transformation plays through every layer of your organization.
- Ensure you gain maximum benefit from your technology platform, simplify organizational challenges and choose the most efficient path to achieve your functional goals by using KPMG leading practice pre-configured on the platform of your choice.
KPMG Powered Execution Suite
- Achieve transformation value faster with reduced program risk.
- Access an integrated platform of next generation tools and methods to help deliver functional transformation. Take the complexity out of implementation and unlock value faster with reduced risk.
KPMG Powered Evolution
- Adopt a platform and approach that drives continuing evolution and innovation.
- Use specialized on-demand services to drive continuing evolution and innovation. Keeping pace with the latest developments in technology and leading practice allows you to make transformation a way of business.
Developing a clear sustainability strategy that aligns with your overall business goals and objectives, and identifying key ESG priorities whenever you are a development stage company or an established pharma player.
ESG Reporting and Compliance
Developing ESG reporting and compliance frameworks to ensure that the firm is meeting regulatory requirements and disclosing relevant ESG data to stakeholders including achieving and maintaining compliance with partner frameworks.
ESG Performance Management incl. readiness assement
Implementing processes to manage and improve ESG performance, including setting targets, tracking progress, and reporting results.
Pillar One: Profit Allocation and Nexus
- Aligns taxing rights more closely with local market engagement and departs from using physical presence as a nexus.
- Understanding and preparing for the potential changes to profit allocation and nexus rules, including new thresholds for taxation in market jurisdictions.
Pillar Two: Global minimum tax rate and other measures
- Pillar Two is relevant for groups that have reported annual revenues of EUR 750 million or more in their consolidated financial statements in at least two of the four preceding fiscal years. If your group does not meet the threshold, you should still check – based on the ownership structure – that the group does not belong to a larger group with an obligation to consolidate (e.g. a family office, foundation, etc.).
- We help you determine pilot countries/entities for data mapping and perform an initial high-level impact calculation using the KPMG BEPS 2.0 Model if appropriate.
KPMG offers numerous publications that provide answers to important questions you may have.