Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance can be complex and challenging for organisations.
KPMG’s governance, risk and controls professionals provide the right expertise and tools to enable organisations to meet their SOX obligations as well as add, with minimal business disruption.
Our national team of SOX and financial reporting subject matter specialists across KPMG’s practice bring together an end-to-end suite of SOX support services.
We have a wealth of experience establishing pragmatic and sustainable SOX compliance frameworks, undertaking SOX readiness assessments, and have provided confidence to our clients through the development and assurance of optimised SOX controls.
We bring the right blend of specialist and industry skills to deliver high quality pragmatic solutions that are fit for purpose.
How we can help
SOX readiness and implementation
We assist clients planning to become (or have become) part of a US publicly listed company to design and implement their SOX program, with a deep understanding of key milestones and challenges they are likely to face.
We help our clients with:
- estimating readiness and ongoing compliance cost primarily for companies intending to list in the US and need to fully appreciate the total cost related to SOX readiness and compliance
- performing readiness assessment and recommending remediations to control gaps
- project management of your SOX readiness and implementation initiative.
SOX strategy and health check
Via evaluation over the health of SOX programs and controls portfolio, we help clients identify and correct unhealthy aspects of their SOX programs.
We provide insights into:
- total cost of controls, including understanding hidden costs that could be further rationalised
- what makes an effective SOX program and identifying specific areas that are less mature areas than others for improvement
- defining an effective SOX strategy to reduce financial reporting risks without increasing spend by helping clients identify most critical areas
- a strategic and focused SOX program allowing clients to focus on broader risk assessment to facilitate process improvement and value-creation assurance activities.
SOX program tools and enablers
Equipped with a proven SOX methodology and testing approach, our key tools and enablers help clients address a range of challenges.
We help clients:
- be efficient in executing SOX programs to optimise cost
- develop a value-add program looking at the needs of the company first, not the needs of the external auditor
- gain insights into financial reporting risks and root causes of control failures to inform remediation actions
- use intelligent automation and data analytics in control performance and control testing to gain efficiencies
- utilise a GRC platform to administer the SOX program across all organisation sizes.
Contact the SOX Advisory team
Be confident in managing your business' risk and opportunities with an effective governance, risk and controls environment.
KPMG can help clients develop an effective governance, risk and controls environment.