Growth is usually one of the top agenda items for CEOs. Companies are targeting aggressive growth strategies in response to structural shifts caused by new technologies, changing regulations, evolving customer needs and sector convergence. However, realising growth is extremely challenging – with the majority of organisations unable to achieve and/or sustain their growth ambitions.
Experience suggests that this may be the result of:
- unrealistic growth objectives driving an undeliverable strategy
- a failure to consider implementation capabilities and bandwidth to execute
- leadership team misalignment
- lack of stakeholder support
- an inability to evolve and innovate in response to changing market and customer requirements.
How KPMG can help
Our approach to driving step-change growth and top-quartile performance addresses issues such as how to:
- access new and unmet revenue and profit pools
- profitably enter new markets and segments in a short timeframe
- develop and commercialise innovative products in order to grow
- attract new customers and enhance loyalty.
This approach is based on identifying and implementing a prioritised set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions. This distinctive approach, underpinned by the ‘9 Levers of Value’, is designed to bring benefits for clients:
- Connects related opportunities, driving internal collaboration and efficiency.
- Builds up insight and enables scaled investment over time, as one opportunity leads to another.
- Provides multiple routes to achieve targets and mitigates risk of setbacks with diversified portfolios of opportunities – if one idea falters, the platform remains strong.
- Provides a realistic plan, accounting for the required talent and skillsets, time horizons and appetite for risk.
- Enables sustained growth by institutionalising growth as a capability in the company’s DNA.
- Sets up ongoing management of new growth opportunities as a portfolio of investments with specific metrics to maintain momentum and progress.