Simon is a seasoned Director in KPMG with over 13 years advisory experience across both the buy and sell side. Simon has worked with clients across the M&A cycle including acquisition diligence and post-merger integration, sell-side divestitures and exits, financial modeling and synergy evaluation, operational turn-around and restructuring, performance improvement, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.
- For an Aerospace and Defense firm looking to enter the healthcare sector, assessed a build vs buy strategy with the purpose of establishing a medical devices practice from the foundation of their existing defense technology
- Assisted healthcare firm that had recently gone through a merger in determining the root causes of their missed revenue goals, optimized existing processes and developed playbook for the roll out and implementation of a new growth strategy with a focus on driving profitability whilst defending existing business
- For a clinical trials business that recently acquired a research practice. Assessed the operational levers by which early phase trials could regain profitability, designed a roadmap then implemented planned roll out including process planning, scheduling, supply chain, GTM, risk mitigation, staffing
- Led the buy-side diligence and integration planning for the acquisition of a cardiac therapeutics business being carved out of a larger conglomerate
- Built out a growth focused operating model and managed the joint venture negotiations for a new bio-tech firm that was bringing to market a device which monitored nutritional element levels in hospitalized patients
- Managed the acquisition of west coast medical device business, driving the operational and commercial diligence, Day 1 closing, and accelerated value capture plan to help the combined business achieve significant revenue growth and margin improvement.