Ethan enjoys taking complex ESG and integrated risk management processes and breaking them down into components that can be enabled within a GRC technology solution. Ethan brings leading practice perspectives and substantial experience in designing, building, and deploying technology solutions that enable decision-makers, affect change, and drive stakeholder trust. He has served as an engagement lead for implementations across a variety of industries, including, energy, technology, healthcare and life sciences, and financial services industries.
Risk & Compliance Technology Advisory
- Assisting a global healthcare organization in designing and deploying their ESG reporting solution. The organization was focused on deploying a technology solution to help automate and streamline the annual ESG Report process. Ethan’s role is to facilitate design workshops with the ESG program team in order to develop technology enabled solutions to collect data, transform data to align with in-scope frameworks and metrics, report outputs, and utilize certifications to enable senior stakeholder review and approval.
- A large financial services organization was unable to provide management and their regulators with a single and consistent point of view on risk at the organization. Ethan assisted the organization in identifying critical data elements for reporting that exist within their MetricStream platform, the current state relationships between the elements, and future state needs to enhance reporting. A revised data architecture model for the MetricStream platform was developed to align data elements and provide enhanced reporting.
- Assisted a large financial services organization in developing the vision and architecture for an integrated risk ecosystem enabled by technologies. In the future state operating environment, the ecosystem would enable risk and compliance functions across the three lines of defense by integrating critical data elements across the organization’s risk and compliance technologies. In addition, the ecosystem architecture established technologies as systems of record for specific data elements which would reduce data redundancy and inconsistencies across the organization.
- Workstream lead at a large insurance organization who was optimizing their third party risk management program and deploying three new technology solutions to enable the program. Ethan assisted the organization in developing a robust system testing strategy, development of detailed test scripts for the MetricStream and Enlighta solutions which were designed to identify system defects, and execution of multiple test cycles for each technology. Further, post go-live support was provided to end-users to help ensure a high rate of user adoption and confidence in the new technologies.
- Configured and deployed the Workiva Wdesk solution for internal control management, testing, and risk assessments at a variety of organizations, including organizations on the Fortune 500 and one of the largest privately held organizations in the United States. As a certified Wdesk implementer, Ethan has been responsible for customizing the Wdesk database model, developing database reports, customizing the user interface, and assisting in the architecture of data integrations.