Fair value measurements can play a significant role in financial statements and are often scrutinized by a company’s auditor and its regulators. As specialists, our professionals routinely support our Audit practice to assess financial reporting valuations performed on behalf of KPMG audit clients. As a result, we have a deep understanding of auditor and regulator expectations and documentation requirements for fair value measurements. We have an appreciation for the risks involved and take a careful approach to our valuation engagements in order to provide deliverables that meet our clients’ financial reporting requirements. To maintain a high level of quality in performing and auditing financial reporting valuations, we have established a dedicated team of valuation professionals in the KPMG Department of Professional Practice.
Our professionals can assist you with valuation needs that may arise in accordance with the following U.S. GAAP accounting standards cited as common examples:
- ASC 805 (Business Combinations)
- ASC 350 (Intangibles – Goodwill and Other)
- ASC 360 (Property, Plant, and Equipment)
- ASC 718 (Compensation – Stock Compensation)
- ASC 842 (Leases)
- ASC 820 (Fair Value Measurement)
- ASC 815 (Derivatives and Hedging)
- ASC 852 (Reorganizations)
- ASC 323 (Investments – Equity Method and Joint Ventures).
Our professionals also understand the International Financial Reporting Standards equivalents of the above standards.