KPMG Forensic help clients understand how money launderers and the financiers of terrorism could be exploiting vulnerabilities in their organisations.
KPMG Forensic help clients understand how money launderers could misuse vulnerabilities.
Money laundering occurs when criminals disguise the origins and ownership of funds to legitimise illicit activities. Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) legislation in Australia and in other countries means that there are stringent obligations that need to be met.
Terrorism can be financed from the proceeds of illicit activities, but also through legitimate funding sources.
Failure to maintain effective AML/CTF systems can result in the unwitting support of the aims of terrorists or other criminal enterprises, regulatory intervention resulting in substantial monetary penalties, and reputational damage.
How we can help
KPMG Forensic's AML/CTF professionals help clients understand how money launderers and the financiers of terrorism could be exploiting vulnerabilities in their organisations.
We work with clients to identify, manage and mitigate their AML/CTF risk exposures in line with legislative requirements and industry better practice.
Our services include:
- AML/CTF risk assessments
- Readiness and Health Check reviews
- AML/CTF program design, build and execution
- selection of AML/CTF customer due diligence solutions and transaction monitoring software
- design and delivery of AML/CTF training programs
- employee due diligence and broader corporate intelligence capabilities
- regulatory and remedial services, including investigations
- supply chain programs.