The investment in project planning, design, governance, technology and people hasn’t kept pace with the rapidly growing investment in infrastructure assets. This puts productivity, profitability and project delivery at risk.
Our extensive experience means we can create project controls to analyse, assess and manage risk in all major projects. Robust governance, project controls, data-based solutions and new digital technologies help to manage risk but also improve productivity. We offer multi-disciplinary planning and design services, across all phases of the project lifecycle, from visioning to delivery.
How KPMG can help
We offer services in the following areas:
- Financial (Alliance) auditor, contract compliance and assurance for reimbursable, collaborative and incentivised project delivery contracts.
- Financial analysis, establishment, benchmarking and audit of contract margins, contract claims and processes.
- Project Controls Maturity Assessment, including efficiency benchmarking.
- Design and implementation of project and program governance and assurance, frameworks, policies, procedures and processes for portfolio/programs/project development and delivery.
- Project risk management assurance and validation of mitigation and performance
- Audits of project processes efficiency, better practice and compliance.
- Projects benefits delivery monitoring and assurance.
- Compliance audits in relation to Government policy e.g.
- Local industry participation
- Social procurement validation
- Skills development commitment
Integrated Project Controls
- End to end capital cost estimation, cost planning and Independent Estimator (IE) for design, procurement and delivery phases of the lifecycle.
- Independent project schedule health check, against contract, structure and integrity requirements.
- End to end project planning and scheduling from design through to construction and commissioning.
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, e.g. Quantitative Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis (QSRA and QCRA) during design, procurement and delivery phases.
- Cost and schedule contingency determination, allocation and control.
- Joint Confidence Level (JCL) assessment – an integrated uncertainty analysis of project cost and schedule.
- Change Control, to identify and assess change (for schedule, cost and risk impacts) and managing changes.
- Project Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) management.
- Design and implementation of data analytics and project reporting systems.
- Design, implement and operate PMO processes for major capital project development and delivery.
- Design and implement EPMO portfolio management, project prioritisation and gating processes and capital allocation processes for growth and sustainment projects.
- Project planning for major projects and programs
- Procurement of project consultants and contractors
- Design management and stakeholder engagement
- Development of integrated Master Program and ongoing schedule management
- Budget and cost management including the implementation of project controls systems and platforms for cost, schedule risk, change control, reporting and integration.
- Construction administration and progress reporting including digital dashboards and cashflow analysis
- Superintendent services
- Project commissioning and handover, compliance, and contract completion
- Strategic peer review, market sounding and post occupancy evaluation.
Planning & Design
- Precinct and site master plans integrating site analysis, options development, and planning constraints.
- Feasibility assessments and design concepts to inform consultation and decision making.
- Workplace assessments, strategies, and concepts that integrate ways of working with spatial needs.
- Strategic, structure and development plans for regions, precincts, and sites to realise development potential and achieve approvals.
- 2D and 3D digital design outputs, including 3D visualisations.
- Design review and advisory, including development and review of design guidelines.
- Scoping studies and business cases for facilities and infrastructure projects.
The KPMG difference
Our integrated project advisory services use data-driven tools and methodologies to increases the probability of success at every stage of the project and asset lifecycle.
The Project & Program Delivery team combines a wide range of technical and professional skills, including:
- Project Managers
- Architects and Design Managers
- Contract and commercial managers
- Project planners and schedulers
- Cost and project controllers
- Risk engineers
- Building Information Modelling experts
- Construction management professionals
- Quantity surveyors
Infrastructure at KPMG
Our latest insights
Thought leadership, research and project experience relevant to Project Controls & Assurance.
The Australian engineering and construction industry has its risks and challenges, but also opportunity. Our global survey explores the trends.
Our global survey explores trends, risks and opportunities in engineering & construction.