Care Continuum Optimization
Care Continuum Optimization
The healthcare landscape is changing at a rapid pace. With the ongoing trend of reduced reimbursements, one’s quality of care metrics and delivery are of the utmost importance. The biggest red flag with regard to quality of care metrics is care variation. Care variation in your healthcare organization—the output deviation from internal and external benchmarks—can result in higher costs, lower standards of care, and anything in-between.
The KPMG Clinical Intelligence (KCI) platform is designed to help organizations reduce their care variation by enabling them to identify pain points (high Length of Stay, high readmission rates, etc.), understand the details and drivers of identified areas, track progress on improvement initiatives, and gain insight into their systemic patterns of care.
The key to optimizing your organization’s care delivery is the ability to unlock the hidden power of your performance data. With KCI’s functionality, combined with our consulting practice’s clinical experience, KPMG Clinical Intelligence is the key to unlocking your organization’s hidden insights.
KPMG assists providers with assessing, validating and benchmarking current operational performance and capabilities against departmental and system leading practices and competitors. Our Care Continuum Optimization (CCO) service provides clinical performance improvement programs designed to enhance clinical, quality, operational and financial outcomes. Learn more in our video below.
KPMG works with providers in the following ways:
- We have developed an approach to care system redesign to address the needs of healthcare organizations (providers and payers) to develop a sustainable operating model to help achieve the triple aim, and operate effectively in a population health and value-based payment environment.
- We assist clients in the transition from Fee-for-Service (FFS) to value-based/alternative payment arrangements in order to improve population health, develop a clinically integrated enterprise, and deliver improved patient outcomes.
- We work to align providers and payors to improve total cost of care to better negotiate reimbursement rates for the benefit of all parties, including patients.
Please find the latest thought leadership around our clinical practice below:
- Follow the evidence – Care Continuum Optimization can minimize clinical variation to drive real quality in healthcare
- Navigating change across the care continuum
- Changing the course of care
© 2024 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.