Many factors help define a successful approach to due diligence for a financing. You need to think about your goals, and those of your stakeholders.
You have to keep your deal structure in mind. There are also industry trends to keep up with, and data to gather—a lot of data—especially if you’re in an industry, like healthcare or retail, where data can have a sizeable impact on loan underwriting. And you have to be swift and thorough in all of this in order to capture as much value as possible.
The KPMG Due Diligence for Lenders team has years of experience working with lenders, borrowers, private equity sponsors, and troubled company advisors to uncover the kinds of insights that help shape a successful deal. Our team includes people with deep knowledge in your industry, and in the regions where you operate—anywhere on the globe. We know the finer points of deal structures, including ABL facilities, AR securitizations, and cashflow loans. And, every day, we work with powerful technology and data and analytics benchmarking tools that let us gather and process massive amounts of transaction-level data, then extract insights that can help you make informed decisions with confidence.
You can count on your KPMG team for what it takes to help deliver fast, informed due diligence:
- Real-time feedback during the underwriting process
- Access to SMEs on emerging issues impacting lenders and borrowers
- Coordination with inventory appraisers
- Access to large resource pool for domestic and international decentralized operations
- Proficiency in educating new borrowers/originators on the reporting requirements and the preparation of a borrowing base or net-receivable-pool balance calculation
- Professional report presentations for syndicated transactions
Reach out to us today to talk about your due diligence for financing needs.