KPMG Switzerland is the audit firm with the largest client portfolio in the insurance industry. Auditors, actuaries, IT specialists, real estate appraisers, valuation and tax experts make for a high-quality audit.
How we can support you
- Financial audit: audit of consolidated and annual financial statements of legally independent units as well as branches of foreign insurers reporting under IFRS, US GAAP, Swiss GAAP FER and the Swiss Code of Obligation
- Regulatory audit: support in the preparation of regulatory audits, regulatory audits mandated by an institution and provision of services as the extended arm of a supervisory authority
- Accounting: support in introducing and applying new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15, 16, 17) from a perspective that includes the viewpoint of accounting, actuarial, process orientation and system, public disclosure
- Internal Audit: review of internal audit departments in accordance with IIA standards, co-sourcing and outsourcing internal audit functions, audits and advice for employee benefit funds
- Incorporations, transfers: comprehensive advisory services to determine regulatory and accounting impacts across all of the processes for insurers relocating to Switzerland (from the conceptualization to the daily business), license application, audit for incorporations
- Processes, organization: advice to improve the operating effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational systems as well as processes, review of the ICS and management systems
- FINMA, Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (regulators): KPMG is licensed to audit insurers and may perform the regulatory audits required by supervisory authorities, or support the preparatory work.
- Forensic: Fraud reviews
- Compliance: audits and advice on money laundering, distributors, legal provisions (e.g. FMIA, AEoI) or self-regulating rules provided by industry organizations
Your key contact
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you haven't found the information you were looking for or would like to do business with us.
Gain further insights in what we do.
Further areas of expertise
The challenges are great. But the opportunities are greater. We help you implement change to position you more strongly for sustainable success and support you in taking advantage of the opportunities.