Jason is a Managing Director in KPMG LLP’s Economic & Valuation Services (EVS) practice in Seattle with more than 12 years of valuation, financial analysis, and accounting/auditing experience. Jason specializes in the valuation of businesses, intangible assets, fixed income obligations, and complex securities for financial reporting, tax reporting and transactional purposes. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the AICPA, Certified Corporate FP&A Professional (FP&A), and an Executive MBA graduate from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
- Valuation of publicly-traded and closely held businesses, common stock (on both a controlling and minority level), preferred stock, stock options and warrants, embedded derivatives, convertible debt, contingent consideration, and fixed income instruments.
- Intangible assets valued include customer relationships, trade names and trademarks, non-compete agreements, software/developed technology, assembled workforce, licenses, contracts, and core deposit intangible.
- Review third-party and management-prepared valuations to assist audit teams throughout the United States.
- National KPMG Instructor of valuation-related topics.
- 2017 recipient of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) Forty Under Forty award, recognizing the top 40 valuation professionals (nationally) under 40 years old.
- 2015 (inaugural) recipient of the AICPA’s Standing Ovation Award, recognizing the top 32 forensic and valuation professionals (nationally) under 40 years old.