Joe is the Managing Partner of the KPMG Milwaukee office, leading our Wisconsin audit, tax and advisory practices. As an Audit Partner he serves clients in our Consumer & Retail and Industrial Manufacturing lines of business. In his 29+ year career with KPMG, Joe has spent five years overseas (Sydney, Australia and Bangkok, Thailand) serving the firm’s top global clients and over a year with the Deal Advisory practice in Chicago advising clients on their mergers and acquisitions
Professional and industry experience
Joe has significant experience auditing and providing professional services to public and privately held clients ranging from mid-market, domestic companies to Fortune 100, US and internationally listed multinationals.
- He has served SEC emerging growth and large accelerated filers with their financial statement audit needs as well as their initial and recurring audits of internal controls over financial reporting. He has also served foreign filers with their initial and recurring SEC reporting.
- He has a great deal of experience serving and assisting large privately held clients, including family and private equity owned companies, with their audit and professional services needs.
- He also serves a number of internationally owned clients so he has significant experience with IFRS and other international GAAPs as well as with global audit coordination and reporting.
US GAAP, US GAAS, SEC, PCAOB, Sarbanes Oxley; IFRS certified (training and experience); and M&A due diligence.
- Board of Directors and Treasurer, Milwaukee Film
- Board of Directors and Audit Committee Chair, United Performing Arts Fund
- Board of Directors, Zoological Society of Milwaukee
- Board of Directors, Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
- Member, Greater Milwaukee Committee
- Member, Accounting Advisory Board, Marquette University
- Member, Accounting Advisory Board, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Sustaining Trustee, Coalition for Children, Youth and Families
- Sustaining Trustee, Milwaukee Repertory Theater