Ian is a Partner in KPMG’s New York Real Estate tax practice with 20 years of experience. His experience includes client engagement responsibilities for some of the industry’s largest private equity real estate funds. As part of this, Ian works with global, domestic, foreign, open-end, and closed-end real estate and real estate debt funds. Services he provides include:
- Fund structuring, transaction consulting, and information reporting for U.S., Europe, and Asia based real estate funds
- Fund structuring for foreign treaty, foreign non-treaty, sovereign, qualified foreign pension funds (“QFPF”), tax-exempt, and high net worth capital sources
- After-tax IRR modeling and country-specific investor write-ups for distribution channels in order to assist them with fundraising efforts
- Feasibility studies for acquisitions by REITs of assets or REIT shares, including REIT implementation transition services, and education of asset management of REIT considerations
- Tax department assessments to identify process improvements and efficiencies as well as risk management best practices.