Arthur is an experienced executive with a proven track record of delivering EBITDA improvement through developing pragmatic, results-oriented approaches to challenging business problems, then leading sustainability focused implementation efforts that often exceed expectations. Prior to KPMG, he spent eight years at AlixPartners focused on designing and delivering large-scale value creation programs for industry and PE clients. While in industry, he has held leadership roles in IT, Finance, Strategy and Operations.
His core area of focus at KPMG is driving large scale performance transformation programs by rapidly identifying and quantifying high-impact levers through a combination of experienced-based hypotheses supported by data-based insights – quickly followed by detailed execution planning, stakeholder alignment and rigorous execution.
Professional and Industry Experience
He has become a trusted advisor and delivered high-impact results across a wide variety of clients:
- Led a broad-based commercial improvement program for a $7B global CPG client that resulted in $32M+ in annual EBIT improvement through detailed pricing/margin leakage analysis, negotiation planning and retail promotion effectiveness. Initiative was part of a sustainable cost advantage program that generated $215M+ in realized EBIT improvement across agriculture, procurement, people, manufacturing, supply chain and commercial levers.
- Designed and implemented a detailed cost reduction program for a $3B plastics processing client (injection & blow molding) with 65 sites in North America delivering $50M+ in realized annual cost improvement.
- Conducted detailed analysis to drive insight generation and opportunity quantification for a $4B grocery retailer in promotion planning, pricing, supply chain, inventory management, labor planning and location overhead; subsequently launched and led an inventory management improvement program primarily focused on reducing excess and obsolete inventory which delivered $12M+ in annual run-rate EBITDA improvement.
- Chartered and led an aggressive response to section 301 tariffs (25%) levied against high tech products manufactured in China and imported to the United States in 2018; eliminated potential tariff liability ($70M+) and air freight expenses ($15M+) in less than 18 months.
- Executed a whole-company turnaround for a mid-market CPG company that included SG&A cost reduction, IT rationalization, new product development, commercialization improvement (primarily big box channel line review/negotiation planning) and procurement savings delivering a 300% increase in annual EBITDA.
- Led a manufacturing and distribution footprint optimization for a US-based manufacturer of consumer electronics with manufacturing footprint in APAC
and distribution globally (EMEA, APAC, and the Americas) which led to realization of labor rate arbitrage ($10M+ annually) and real estate value ($50M+
one time) opportunities.
- Led a detailed operational and financial planning process (including labor, facilities, assets and inventory) that drove manufacturing footprint optimization and overall operations strategy for a $1B European division of a $4B Fortune 500 industrial manufacturing company.