Celeste Diana is a Principal in KPMG’s Financial Services Strategy practice. Celeste is a banking industry veteran with a broad range of experience gained from working for a top global bank and coupled with her consulting experience across leading financial institutions. She provides strategic insights across business and operating model optimization, with an emphasis on business, operations and technology transformation.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Developed a strategy for a global financial services firm that was seeking to launch a digital bank and enter a highly competitive consumer lending market in a start-up environment. Entering this new market required an end-to-end build of all business and technical capabilities, including product definition, target operating model, technical architecture, vendor selection, operational processes and controls and system implementation.
- Led a Consumer Lending Strategy for a top 15 bank to support increased acquisition, new product development and operational transformation. Assessed opportunities to operationalize digital objectives, modernize the architecture and innovate cross channel origination and servicing capabilities across the value chain for the consumer lending portfolio that included credit cards, installment loans / lines, auto and indirect lending.
- Led a Bank of the Future and Digital Strategy for a top 20 bank. Assisted the bank in moving their Bank of the Future from high-level concepts into an executable strategy. Conducted an “outside-in” analysis of digital adoption, cross-channel capabilities, customer preferences and digital / self-service transaction migration opportunities. Developed an executable strategy and tangible plan that included deploying emerging technology, enhancements to digital capabilities and initiatives to drive customer and employee digital and self-service adoption
- Led a Strategic Growth Assessment for a payments service provider interested in re-inventing their operating model. Identified potential strategic growth opportunities, evaluated opportunity feasibility through a series of quantitative and qualitative tools and developed the plans and roadmap necessary for execution.
- Managed an Operational Assessment of a top 10 bank’s back office operations with the goal to strengthen internal controls, reduce expenses and enhance the customer experience. Key activities included; constructed target operating model, developed end-to-end-process maps, documented baseline capabilities across people, process and technology and collaborated to build a multi-generational roadmap and plan.
- JPMC, Bank of America, Capital One, Regions Bank, SunTrust Bank, MUFG Union Bank, KeyBank, Hancock Bank, Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, The Clearing House, The Federal Reserve Banks, Symcor