KPMG is excited to be a sponsor at the IIA’s 2023 Financial Services Exchange in Washington, DC. We look forward to meeting all conference attendees.
Stop by our booth to discover the latest insights in Internal Audit.
Don’t forget to attend our speaking session, Regulatory Intensity: The Standards Go to New Heights, which is taking place Monday, September 11 at 4pm to 5pm ET. Click here for more information.
About our session
In this session, KPMG Risk professionals will share ways to prepare for and respond to these heightened standards and rising expectations from regulators. Regulators have emphasized their expectations for higher standards of risk management and supervision, highlighting the importance of correcting persistent weaknesses and ensuring sufficient progress is made to achieve these standards. Organizations will need to focus on meeting these expectations to avoid potential ratings downgrades and intensified examinations. If banks do not make significant progress in a timely manner and repeated weaknesses persist, regulators may consider divestitures to simplify their operations. While these heightened standards and intensified supervision may pose constraints for banks; however, if approached correctly, they could be used as an opportunity for growth.
Attendees will be able to learn about:
- Risk universe management (inclusive of inventory of laws, rules, and regulations
- Issue management
- Governance and accountability
- Technology and automation
KPMG conference presenters
- TJ Scallon, Financial Services Sector Leader, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk, KPMG LLP
- Swati Austin, Director, Financial Services Sector, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk, KPMG LLP
- Janet C. Jarnagin, SVP, Senior Audit Director, Bank of America
- Christian M. Trudell, CPA, Senior Deputy General Auditor, KeyBank
- Seth Morgan, Chief Auditor, Credit Agricole Americas