As a leader in real estate financial reporting, KPMG LLP (KPMG) creates the annual real estate accounting and reporting guide to assist real estate companies and funds with their financial accounting, regulatory, and compliance reporting requirements.
This year’s report provides insights and guidance on:
- Key reminders for certain guidance including reminders on private entity adoption of the leases standard (Topic 842), equity method investments, simplification for income taxes, leases with variable lease payments, and convertible debt
- New standards and guidance, including LIBOR’s wind down, amendments to troubled debt restructuring guidance, and fair value hedge accounting
- Reminders to consider given the current economic uncertainty, including the effect on impairment of nonfinancial assets, impairment testing, fair value analysis, and going concern reminders
- Proposed changes from the SEC for the private funds industry, including enhanced investor protections
- Proposed developments in ESG disclosures
We are happy to discuss the financial reporting requirements related to your specific situations or objectives in more detail.