Advancing in the Middle East
Located between some of the world’s oldest trading routes, the Middle East region remains a hub for global and regional trade today.
With a mix of developed and developing countries, the region places significant emphasis on strengthening economic diversification and the regulatory environment. Swiss companies stand to benefit from substantial opportunities if they invest now in longer-term growth.
At KPMG, we know that local developments must be seen in a larger, global and also political context to enable strategic thinking.
KPMG experts in Switzerland work closely with subject-specific regional hubs, leveraging KPMG’s global infrastructure to maintain a high level of client service throughout the Middle Eastern region.
Today, with over 6,500 professionals and associates working across 30 office locations in 14 countries, we are among the largest and most resourced professional service networks in the region. With a strong track record throughout the region, we are particularly experienced in supporting clients in Turkey and Dubai.
As part of the global KPMG network of member firms, we are able to leverage a broad pool of skilled and experienced professionals with intimate understanding of their local markets and functional domains.
Whether you’re looking to expand in the Middle East, need business support in the region or are thinking of bringing your business to Switzerland, we offer customized professional services across
- deal advisory.
KPMG’s expertise in the Middle East
- Tax compliance. We help your company understand and comply with the complex system of tax and duties in Middle East.
- Playing fair. Our Forensic services help you prevent, uncover and handle misconduct, fraud or rule violations.
- Legal certainty. We provide legal services that you can trust in cooperation with our long-standing partners in the country.
- Market entry. With our understanding of the local conditions and regulatory framework, KPMG provides advisory services across borders.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a business, our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the right questions throughout the M&A life cycle.
Turkey is one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world, with significant improvements in a short space of time securing an impressive position in a global comparison. Already the 18th largest economy in the world, Turkey ranks 6th when compared with the EU countries, according to GDP figures (PPP) in 2016.
We work closely with KPMG Turkey to assist our Swiss and Turkish clients with their mutual investments and business undertaking. A culture of exchange, knowledge and experience of the Swiss and Turkish legal and regulatory landscapes form the basis for our support in a variety of areas including:
- Structuring/restructuring of investments in and by Turkey
- Evaluation of tax exemptions/incentives that may be granted in Turkey to investments in some specific regions/sectors/activities (e.g. establishment of a Regional Management Center in Turkey under a liaison office structure)
- Reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions
- Cross-border financial structures
- VAT and customs treatment of international goods and service flows in line with state-of-the-art supply chain structuring
KPMG’s significant presence in Turkey enables us to serve the large number of inbound clients in Turkey and the growing number of domestic companies with international ambitions.