Life sciences faces significant disruption. Companies need to demonstrate value from therapies; there is a shift from treatment to prevention and cure; patients are becoming powerful consumers thanks to greater digital access to information. Meanwhile, technology giants are moving into healthcare at a growing pace.
COVID-19 has accelerated many of these trends and placed unprecedented pressure on areas such as vaccine development.
Our UK life sciences specialists bring practical, in-depth experience to consumer health, medical devices, diagnostics and biopharma companies. We have worked across more than a dozen therapeutic areas, including immunology, HIV and oncology. Our global network of 4,000 life sciences professionals have supported all of the top 25 life sciences organisations, and shares regular insights on trends, drivers and key issues.
We provide an end-to-end solution for life sciences. We can help you improve commercial capabilities and identify growth opportunities, transform operations, protect business or provide tax advice, leveraging our digital, technology and data analytics capabilities to enhance competitive advantage.
How we help life sciences organisations
- Quality of care: We help our clients identify and understand best practice in the delivery of care. Together with clients and opinion leaders we have co-designed multiple transformational programmes to share and implement our findings. Our work spans a range of therapy areas and geographies with the focus on improving patient outcomes.
- Commercial strategy, including product launch support: We help our clients maximise the value of their brands and products. This includes helping them launch innovative therapies. We provide our clients with the insights they need to localise their launch strategies.
We also help them build solutions to accelerate and improve the uptake of their products. Our experience ranges from small molecules to biologics, as well as cell and gene therapies.
- Third-party risk management (TPRM): We help clients improve their TPRM programmes – from strategy and programme design, to technology solutions that provide a cost-effective and risk-based approach to managing third parties and continuous risk monitoring. Our TPRM solutions, including compliance audit methodology, have been developed specifically for pharma industry risk and compliance requirements.
- Financial Crime Compliance: We help clients develop and implement financial crime (including anti-bribery and corruption) compliance frameworks to mitigate risk and meet regulations. Our global forensic network brings best practice knowledge to help our life sciences clients manage financial crime risk and respond to regulatory enquiries.
- Sell side support: We help our clients identify non-core businesses and prepare them for sale. Our sell-side deal specialists use a tailored approach to maximise value and minimise disruption to clients, who include some of the top 20 largest pharma companies. We focus on value at each stage of the process, from evaluating the portfolio, through complex carve-out to successful execution.
- Global tax compliance: We work with some of the largest pharma groups to manage their global tax compliance. Our combination of centres of excellence, market-leading processes and technology platform make us the trusted provider for global tax compliance services in the pharmaceutical sector.
Insights for life sciences
Talk to our life sciences experts
Guillaume Favier PhD
Partner, Healthcare & Life Sciences Strategy and Performance Transformation
KPMG in the UK