Operational resilience has always been essential, however in today’s turbulent environment, it must be even more front of mind for boards and leadership.
Operational resilience is the ability to provide stability of business services amid disruption – whether that be a pandemic, cyber security breach or asset breakdown, or a more everyday occurrence like the departure of a key-person dependency.
Operational resilience is vital to the success of a business, to customers, to fellow market participants, and to financial market stability. For these reasons, some industry regulators around the world, notably in UK financial services, are working to make operational resilience a regulatory requirement.
Powering up Resilience
To achieve operational resilience, KPMG’s Powered Resilience approach is here to help.
KPMG Powered Resilience is part of our broader suite of Powered Enterprise solutions. These transformation solutions draw on our vast experience of transformation in different sectors and business functions, coupled with our on-the-pulse knowledge of the latest cloud technologies and how to implement them to deliver results quickly.
KPMG Powered Resilience is designed to accelerate your path to sustainable, enterprise-wide operational resilience, enabling you to be connected, to generate trust, and gain a competitive advantage. Transformation is made faster and simpler, as we can leverage our proven operating models, resilience control frameworks, sector-specific service taxonomies, and pre-configured technology assets.
The below diagram shows our approach in more detail, covering 12 steps from planning your transformation strategy, all the way to recovery planning and management in the event of a disruption. This operational level is supported by layers of control and assurance, to drive continued success.
Powered Resilience helps you to:
- Make resilience and trust foundations of your organisational strategy and value proposition
- Be agile and flexible in maintaining business outcomes after disruptive events
- Keep your business connected internally and externally, before and after disruption
- Make your resilience data-driven and tech-enabled to generate timely insights, reduce costs and improve scalability
The way we can help you to do that is:
- Have clear leadership accountability for resilience
- Embed resilience throughout the entire organisation to protect service delivery
- Move from siloed and asset-centric BCPs to a service-based approach
- Be clear on the range of business services that you offer and the potential to cause harm if disrupted
- Use data to identify and manage resilience vulnerabilities or gaps across people, processes, facilities, technology, third parties and data, and take preventative actions
- Plan the right resource investment for stability of service delivery
- Have service disruption recovery and communication plans in place
- Embed a culture of resilience and focus on innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Reduce any disruption to the customer experience, support the viability of the organisation and broader financial market stability, and maintain brand reputation
The benefits of Powered Resilience include clear visibility and control of services, resources and risks, leading to more assured stability of services in times of disruption. In addition to supporting the business, customers, and financial markets, resilience can become a key competitive advantage and a driver of trust.
Partner, Operational Transformation
KPMG in the UK
Connect with us
Powered to energise every function
Powered Enterprise | Marketing, Sales and Service
Work smarter, using automation and insight, to improve client service and keep customers loyal.
The Powered toolkit
Our toolkit has three key elements for transformational success — a tried and tested operating model, an implementation suite and ongoing evolution services. Using them, you can turn your desired functional outcomes into reality.
Why choose Powered?
› Transform the way you run your business
› Drive success with the latest leading practices
› Build agile functions that evolve as you grow
› Help your people adopt and embrace change
› Exploit the best technologies for value and performance
› Optimise service delivery and use of data for competitive advantage