M&A enables faster realization of growth through access to new markets, sales and distribution channels, new capabilities, or by simplifying and optimizing infrastructure, operations and costs. Refining corporate portfolios through disposals also creates value to re-orient and re-invest.
Successful execution of M&A, however, is elusive - many mergers and acquisitions fail.
KPMG's Global Strategy Group (GSG) helps create value by challenging conventional thinking, bringing real industry insights and 'investor-grade' rigour, and providing on-the-ground support. The GSG's approach focuses on the key deal questions, such as:
- How will the target enable new, sustainable growth?
- How valuable and overlapping is the customer base? Are sales channels profitable?
- In what direction could this deal take the new organization?
- Are the targets, capabilities and infrastructure well understood?
- Which opex and capex synergies are really achievable and by when?
- How significant are integration challenges/costs likely to be?
- How resilient are the targets' financial, business and operating models in the face of digital disruption?
GSG provides strategic and financial advice on raising capital, helps with decisions on where to invest, uncovers new opportunities, and provides rigorous M&A support pre, during and post deal, including:
- Target identification and evaluation
- M&A (buy-side, sell-side) due diligence and synergy cases
- JV and partnership strategy
- Refinancing and restructuring
- Exit strategies, divestments and carve-outs
- IPO support
- Integration/seperation planning and execution
Unless the context otherwise requires, throughout this website “Global Strategy Group”, “GSG”, “KPMG”, and “KPMG network” (“we”, “our”, and “us”) generally refers to the member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss entity that services as a coordinating entity for the KPMG network. KPMG International provides no client services.