7 November 2023, 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Registration link: Webinar Registration - Zoom
On August 11, 2023, the Digital Personal Data Protection Act was passed by both houses of the Parliament and received Presidential assent, and was notified in gazette to become an enforceable Act. With this, India is shifting gears as it recognizes the right of individuals to protect their personal data and the need to process such personal data for lawful purposes.
As part of KPMG in India's efforts to create awareness and ramifications of this Act, we are organising a webinar - 'Decoding Digital Personal Data Protection Act' which aims to introduce the fundamentals of the Act and discuss the following topics with KPMG in India's inhouse experts.
- New Digital Personal Data Protection Act highlights and inclusion
- What are the implications on CSR foundations, NGOs, and development agencies?
- Why organizations need to have a systems approach for data privacy and protection?
- How ISO 27701 data privacy standard provides a systems-based approach?
- Roadmap for CSR foundations, NGOs and development agencies for data privacy standards
These key takeaways will help navigate the changes introduced by the new Digital Personal Data Protection Act and take necessary steps toward compliance and data protection.
Director, ESG, KPMG in India