KPMG in Thailand’s staff joined forces to give back to communities
KPMG in Thailand gives back to communities
Over 1,000 KPMG in Thailand’s employees united to give back to the community on KPMG Care & Share Day.
Bangkok, 3 April 2018 – Over 1,000 KPMG in Thailand’s employees united to give back to the community on KPMG Care & Share Day. In all, they contributed 6,000 hours to 14 different communities. KPMG in Thailand also donated cash and other needed supplies to 14 foundations and communities to further fulfill their purpose and missions in helping those in need.
KPMG Care & Share Day is initiated by KPMG in Thailand to allow employees a full day of volunteer efforts intended to help improve communities through hands-on actions. Employees are encouraged to choose from 14 different activities*, with each activity aimed at tackling one of the following issues: Environment, Education, Social Inclusion and Healthcare.
“At all levels, from global to local, attention is being focused on sustainable development. The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) announced at the UN General Assembly have been brought into action since September 2015,” says Winid Silamongkol, Chief Executive Officer, KPMG in Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. “As a business organization, we believe that it is our responsibility to help tackle these agenda, starting from environmental challenges, reducing inequality, enhancing quality education and promoting good health and well-being. We initiated KPMG Care & Share Day as a platform for our staff to volunteer their time and expertise to help and provide support to our local communities.”
In partnership with VolunteerSpirit Network, the activities done on KPMG Care & Share Day include sewing bra inserts for breast cancer patients, making handmade notebooks from recycled paper for the schoolchildren at Rajvithi Home for Girls, and employing our consulting skills to advise on strategic planning of sustainable tourism to Bang Sakhae community in Samut Songkhram as well as advising youth leaders in Laem Yai, Samut Songkhram on managing waste problems sustainably, among others.
Additionally, KPMG in Thailand is also hosting the KPMG Charity Market 2018 to provide free market spaces for 15 charities and non-profit organizations** to showcase their products, such as souvenirs; travel and lifestyle deals; clothes; accessories; wicker and local products; food and drinks; and many more. Proceeds from the sale will go directly to the foundations, without any cost deduction for the event.
Visit 2018 KPMG Charity Market at G Floor, Empire Tower at 9.00-18.00 from today through 5 April 2018.
Thail version: เคพีเอ็มจี ประเทศไทย ยกทัพพนักงานจิตอาสารวมพลังสามัคคี ทำดีเพื่อสังคม
*List of activities on KPMG Care & Share Day:
- Creating Life-changing rubber bands for elderly and bedridden patients
- Sewing bra inserts for breast cancer patients
- Making handmade notebooks from recycled paper for the girls at Rajvithi Home for Girls
- Making teaching aids for disadvantaged children from fabric at Thai Volunteer Service Foundation
- Planting Mangrove Trees at Bangkaew Village, Samut Songkhram
- Advising Laem Yai’s, youth leaders on managing waste problems wisely and sustainably in Samut Songkhram
- Advising community-based sustainable tourism plans to Bang Sakhae community in Samut Songkhram
- Conserve and nurture Bang Krachao peninsula’s ecosystem for sustainable tourism by cleaning the area, canals and plant local trees, Samut Prakarn
- Mental and bonding support activities and entertaining elderly with music at Bang Khae
- Participating in bonding activities and hosting lunch to over 500 girls at Rachawadee Home for Girls
- Vegetable Gardening with the girls at Emergency House, Association for the Promotion of the Status of Women, Don Mueang
- Hosting sports activities at Mahamek Home for Boys
- Sorting donation at The Mirror Foundation
- Renovating Dog Shelter at Salaya Dog Shelter, Mahidol University, Nakhon Pathom
**List of charities and non-profit organizations at KPMG Charity Market 2018
- Artstory by Autistic Thai
- De Afé by Setsatian Bakery
- Doi Tung
- Doi Kham
- Folkcharm Crafts Studio
- Lek Silver
- Operation Smile Thailand Foundation
- PatPat, Chaipattana Foundation
- Raks Thai Foundation
- Ramathibodi Foundation
- SOS Children's Villages Thailand
- The Peace of Life Foundation
For media enquiries, please contact
Tel: 02 677 2034
Tel: 02 677 2141
© 2023 KPMG KPMG Phoomchai Holdings Co., Ltd., a Thai limited liability company and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia