Indian agriculture is witnessing a transformation driven by thriving agri startup ecosystem, increased innovation and adoption of technology, integrated agriculture, agri fintech, and sustainability and climate change adaptation. Investments in the sector are accelerating with continued government support for improving infrastructure, export facilitation, and farmer-centric initiatives. These interventions will contribute to the growth of the sector, enhance farmer livelihoods, strengthen the Indian food system, and help India maintain its position as a global agriculture powerhouse.
KPMG in India has one of the leading food and agribusiness consulting practices offering a wide range of services to private enterprises, governments, and international donor organizations. The services encompass the overall spectrum from strategizing to implementation, creating an enabling ecosystem and unlocking value for our clients.
Our focus lies in providing apt and well-timed solutions to our clients despite the dynamic and heterogenous nature of the sector. With 100+ professionals having a significant and hands on experience across agriculture and allied value chains including but not limited to horticulture, dairy and animal husbandry, aquaculture, poultry, and a footprint in 10+ states and central government departments in India.
Key Service Offerings
- Project planning and appraisal, project management consultancy, capacity building and trainings and knowledge and information management
- Agri-food suppsly chain transformation, value chain development, go-to-market and growth strategy, process improvement, revenue enhancement, profit maximisation, cost optimisation, brand building, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME) development and micro entrepreneurship, organisation design and transformation, policy reforms, vision formulation and implementation
- Market feasibility, policy review and reforms, monitoring and evaluation, sectoral analysis, and thought leadership
- Digital strategy, digitising business processes, data analytics and business intelligence
- Commercial, financial, and operational due diligence, investment promotion and outreach support, bid process management and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) advisory (buy/sell side advisory and post-merger integration)
KPMG in India’s team helped develop an innovative new organic farming model blueprint that redefined the approach to promote organic farming in an Indian state and achieve sustainability
Assisted a state government in enhancing delivery in of more than 24 lakh Metric Tonnes (MT) of rice annually to over 4 crore beneficiaries, often considered the vulnerable population of the state under National Food Security Act, 2013
Helped provide technical assistance for value chain development and post-harvest management of focus horticulture crops to an Indian state
Assisted a state government in planning to develop a multipurpose seaweed park to boost the seaweed production and processing though the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) scheme
KPMG in India supported Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) implementation in Andhra Pradesh