Board Advisory & Governance
Board Advisory & Governance
Effective corporate governance encompasses board relations, internal control system, risk management, compliance management and internal audit.
KPMG recognises that good governance within an organisation requires commitment
Corporate governance continues to be a topical subject with widespread debate on corporate failures, loss of confidence in capital markets, questionable business and accounting practices, independence issues and a lack of understanding of the role of non-executive directors.
At KPMG, we recognise that instilling good governance principles within an organisation requires commitment from the board, through to management and staff. We believe that organisations that are able to embed good governance practices should demonstrate high levels of trust and provide the transparency that stakeholders, like institutional investors and communities demand from them. Ultimately, this should improve organisational performance and shareholder value.
Our Board Advisory Services practice at KPMG works closely with the Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Regulatory and Legal services to offer our clients a formidable and multidiscipline approach to corporate governance challenges that our clients face.
Our engagements are resourced with experienced advisors with backgrounds in Auditing, Law, Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, Accounting and Company Secretarial skills.
Our clients engage us to assist for the following services:
- Developing professional knowledge
- Providing clarity on the role of executive and non-executive directors, company secretary, board and board committees, chairman and chief executive officers.
- Providing training sessions and induction training for directors, and boards and board committees on corporate governance practices, legislation, and various governance codes.
- Delivering presentations to directors, boards and board committees on various governance codes, and corporate governance practices and legislation.
- Defining the governance framework
- Developing board charters, committee terms of reference and mandates, and aligning them to best practices and specific circumstances of the organisation such as constitutions, shareholder agreements, and legislation, etc.
- Developing or reviewing organisational governance frameworks, policies and procedures to align with good governance practices.
- Developing or reviewing the delegation of authority framework and ensuring alignment with mandated delegations, charters and terms of references, and good governance practices.
- Measuring performance
- Developing and facilitating the self-assessment performance evaluations of directors, board and board committees and presenting the results, recommendations and action plans to the board.
- Providing trend analysis on year-on-year self-assessment performance evaluations and presenting the results, recommendations and action plans to the board when performing self-assessment evaluations for consecutive years.
- Gap analyses
- Completing gap analyses of the organisation’s current status compared to the principles and practices of King III, Protocol on Corporate Governance for the Public Sector, and other internationally accepted guidelines and governance codes.
- Performing high-level or detailed corporate governance reviews addressing governance structures, processes and practices alongside business processes.
- Disclosure and reporting
- Developing and or reviewing the governance disclosure for integrated and annual reporting requirements.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia
Save, Curate and Share
Save what resonates, curate a library of information, and share content with your network of contacts.