The KPMG Forensic Casebook Tool is a dynamic workflow enabler for forensic examiners. Developed by seasoned and experienced professionals who understand the nuances and finer details of conducting forensic reviews, this forensic tool is one of the many tools developed by KPMG in India.
It features workflow, automation, integration and document retention for forensic engagements. The tool automates the case workflow helping meet quality and consistency benchmarks. It also provides recommendatory guidance to the examiners through the inbuilt methodology, templates/checklists and a list of procedures depending on the nature and type of the case within forensic services.
Need for the tool
Forensic examiners face numerous challenges during not only the planning and execution, but also post completion of a case. Forensic examinations need to be conducted in a highly professional manner such that the evidence discovery can withstand a high level of scrutiny in a court of law. KPMG Forensic Casebook Tool aims to enable its users to conduct high quality, credible and effective forensic examinations helping ensure retention of evidence.
How can the tool help your organisation?
- Helps in standardising overall forensic engagement process through inbuilt templates and checklists, developed by experienced forensic examiners
- Provides guidance to investigators/reviewers on workflow and indicative procedures for various types of instances/occurrences
- Acts as a centralised repository for instances/occurrences, evidence gathered, reports and other relevant information
- Enables real-time and efficient monitoring of case execution, progress, pending and assigned tasks
- Helps generate various dashboards and management information system (MIS) reports for bird’s eye view of the cases
- Allows linking, retention and retrieval of work product and case information
- Customisable and scalable.