As businesses everywhere accelerate their pursuit of game-changing digital capabilities amid the global pandemic’s sudden and unexpected disruption, governments are also stepping up their efforts to transform public sector infrastructure in ways that can provide new citizen-centric services and operational efficiencies.
Cloud-enabled technology is playing a crucial role in governments’ efforts to achieve this. Cloud adoption can present vast opportunities to help deliver reliable new public-facing services while considerably enhancing data use and decision making, cost efficiency, workforce productivity, scalability and more. But working in the cloud isn’t likely to relieve government organizations of data privacy and security concerns and needs.
As technology and cloud solutions become more sophisticated, so can the efforts of hackers endlessly crafting creative new ways to access sensitive data. Now is the time to help ensure that the cloud’s leading services are appropriately governed and monitored by IT, risk and cyber security professionals who seek to understand today’s emerging threats and regulatory requirements.
In Securing the cloud — the next chapter in public services, we explore how the rapid adoption of cloud services during the pandemic has spotlighted a critical need for a strategic vision during cloud adoption. In this report, we examine:
- Why government organizations can face unique challenges and roadblocks to securing their cloud environments.
- How today’s reality and threat landscape can require security teams to move beyond traditional approaches to manage security and protect vital assets that include citizen data and confidential government records.
- Why your organization should enact crucial steps to govern cloud security solutions that can avoid opening the door to new attacks.
Highlighting global consumer centricity trends, COVID-19 impact, technology and the importance of connected systems
Examining the importance of connected, digitally enabled, & consumer-focused care systems
Connect with us
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia
Throughout this website, “we”, “KPMG”, “us” and “our” refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), each of which is a separate legal entity.