KPMG Private Enterprise’s Global Network for Innovative Startups launched the Q4’17 edition of the Venture Pulse Report. The report analyses the latest global trends in venture capital investment data and provides insights from both a global and regional perspective. This edition of the quarterly series provides in-depth analysis on venture capital investments across North America, EMA and ASPAC and will cover a range of issues such as financing and deal sizes, unicorns, industry highlights and corporate investment.
A robust Q4’17 propelled total annual global VC funding to the third-highest quarterly tally of the decade. A number of billion-dollar mega-deals over the course of the year, including six $1 billion+ rounds in Q4, drove the significant funding upswing. VC funding was up year-over-year across all regions, including Asia, the Americas and Europe.
In this quarter’s edition of the Venture Pulse Report, we examine both annual and Q4’17 VC market trends, including:
- The increase in deal size across all deal stages
- The rapid upswing in healthtech and biotech
- The growing focus on cross industry innovation and applicability
- The rapid evolution of France as an innovation center.
See full report for details.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia