In light of the challenges related to climate change, political dynamics, and societal imbalances, the significance of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives is ever-growing. As a mission-led sector, healthcare regulators, providers and payors have long held the social pillar of ESG central to their core values. However, healthcare organizations have been slow to take action on ESG issues. A global KPMG survey of healthcare CEOs found that ESG was ranked lowest among important organizational key performance indicators.1 Increasingly governments, regulators and the public are looking to the sector to address ESG issues that may include:
- Reducing energy and water consumption in healthcare facilities
- Addressing transportation and supply chain carbon footprints
- Reducing medical waste
- Ensuring the delivery of safe and quality care
- Providing equitable access to care
- Recruiting executive leaders from diverse communities
How we can help
KPMG, with its global presence, recognizes the potential of ESG in shaping the future and assists organizations in formulating and integrating ESG strategies that help to create long-term value while balancing business needs with those of an organization’s stakeholders. KPMG professionals can show your organization how to enhance trust, mitigate risk and unlock new value as you transform your organization. KPMG member firms' services — both holistic and practical — can guide your teams to drive sustainable innovation across your organization.
Through industry-leading expertise, data-driven technology and global alliances, KPMG firms' experience across critical ESG issues means we can assist you in creating a roadmap for your ESG journey. We can help your organization to:
- Conduct ESG maturity and climate risk assessments
- Assess and design ESG strategies and embed ESG across operations
- Create ESG learning related to upskilling, retraining and embedding new behaviors
- Design and embed diversity, equity and inclusion, and sustainable workforce initiatives
- Support health equity and access programs
- Deliver ESG assurance (including supply chain assurance) and assist with ESG reporting
- Support sustainable finance initiatives and ESG grant management
KPMG professionals can help turn insights into opportunities for your organization, people and the planet. We have designed our services to put ESG at the core of your operations. Learn more.
We are committed to providing long-term support to our clients as they tackle challenges & transform the way healthcare is delivered around the globe.
KPMG is committed to providing long term support to our clients...
Throughout this website, "we", "KPMG", "us" and "our" refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited ("KPMG International"), each of which is a separate legal entity.