Helping you create successful joint ventures and alliances, increasing your confidence at each step, from creation to exit.
KPMG guides you through the life cycle of a joint venture.
Create and set-up of a new joint venture or business combination requires specialised skills in not only assessing the legal and tax environments, but also the capital market provisions in the local environment.
KPMG’s joint venture experts can support you from pre-deal strategy and partner identification through to implementation and governance to power up your joint venture or business combination. We have global resources to connect you with local relationships and knowledge so that you have a full understanding of the strategic, financial, operational, and legal implications of creating and setting up a joint venture or alliance. We also help you understand the implications of the business combination on your entire business and ensure your long-term maintenance and exit strategies are an early consideration in the creation phase.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions through the critical stages from creation to operation of a business combination.
- Understanding the strategy: What are the key objectives for entering into a partnership?
- Options appraisal: Where, how and with whom should I partner?
- Opportunity evaluation: What are the risks and rewards and is this the best way to create value?
- Partnership design: What does the partnership need to succeed?
- Deal execution: How can I negotiate the best deal?
- Plan implementation: How should I plan for a successful implementation?
- Powering up: Am I delivering a successful partnership?
Deliver, optimize or exit are stages of the life cycle that a joint venture may go through with significant challenges. To meet the objectives of a joint venture or alliance often requires close management of sensitive relationships (often across cultures and borders), in addition to the usual contractual and operating challenges of a business. Using a non-traditional, tailored approach to meet your needs, our globally experienced joint venture practitioners can help to preserve maximum value throughout the life cycle.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions through the critical stages from issue identification to operating optimisation or exit.
- Reviewing current status: Is the joint venture / alliance fit for purpose and delivering its objectives?
- Diagnosing issues and designing solutions: Why is the joint venture / alliance not fit for purpose and what options are available to reset or optimize the business?
- Developing and executing the transformation plan: What needs to be done and how do I ensure that I execute the plan effectively?
- Assessing the governance and reporting functions: Are governance and reporting structures meeting their objectives?
- Evaluating exit options: Is the joint venture / alliance a sustainable business or is exiting a feasible alternative?
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Partnering ebook (PDF 2.30MB).
Contact us if you’re considering a joint venture or alliance, we can help.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia
Stay up to date with what matters to you
Gain access to personalized content based on your interests by signing up today
Partner, Head of Advisory, and Sector Lead, Insurance, KPMG in Bermuda, Hamilton
Mark joined KPMG in March 2009, following five years as a Client Executive.
Director, Sector Lead, Banking, KPMG in Bermuda, Hamilton
Richard is a Director in the Deal Advisory practice with KPMG in Bermuda.