Rapid business modernization to better connect customers and supply
Think of a globalized industry that is riddled with legacy systems and processes and industrial manufacturing might spring to mind. An early adopter (and wholly reliant) on ERP systems, many industrial manufacturers are living with the constraints that they now bring – with multiple versions lacking integration, meaningful data and the agility to adapt to market opportunities.
Add to that the complexities that come from historic M&A activity and the challenges of wide fluctuations in supply chain security. Across the industry, there is a drive towards making the business operate more effectively and to realign the workforce to where it can add most value.
For many, widespread modernization is required, across finance, HCM and supply chain management. Modernization and integration on this scale should be recognized as a transformation problem, rather than just one of replacing legacy platforms.
KPMG Powered Enterprise for Industrial Manufacturing provides access to leading practices and processes on pre-configured market-leading cloud technologies to help senior leaders create the efficiency and standardization they need to help rise to the challenges ahead, such as:
- How do you get more value from your data and start to take advantage of the next generation of technology?
- How can you see your total demand and supply picture at any point in time?
- How can you help your people embrace new operating models (e.g., for distribution) and continually manage change?
- How can the finance function provide higher value to the wider business?
- How can you reshape the workforce experience and attract or retain key talent?
Functional transformation across industrial manufacturing
Within this sector, the drive to rapidly modernize key functions is being seen as an opportunity to create better functional performance and new ways of working, as well as banishing ‘out of service’ legacy platforms. KPMG professionals are working with industrial manufacturing clients to make use of market-leading technologies and future-ready processes to deliver:
- Strategic planning and operational platforms to help streamline resources
- Valuable analytics to support insight-led decision making
- Wide-ranging supply functions that can operate as one virtual organization
- HR platforms that help attract, retain, manage and train talent.
Using the experience of KPMG professionals from many countries around the world, KPMG Powered Enterprise approaches have been adapted specifically for industrial manufacturers to adapt to the challenges and opportunities of supply and distribution. By implementing these approaches coupled with industry experience, KPMG professionals can help you transform critical business functions so that they better support your operational initiatives, while helping to reduce costs, lower operational risks and improve the customer and employee experience.
Powered Enterprise for Industrial Manufacturing is enabled by market leading platforms and tools, including Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, ServiceNow and Workday all designed to help dynamically drive impactful change and jump-start your digital transformation.
Talk to us today to learn how we can help your organization address current challenges and future needs.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia