KPMG Law Ukraine’s Corporate and M&A practice has historically been at the forefront of many important deals, cementing our reputation as an integral part of the on the Ukrainian M&A landscape. Our lawyers have in-depth experience in corporate law, buying and selling businesses, and setting up joint ventures both in Ukraine and abroad.
We help our clients resolve general corporate issues arising in the course of their company or organisation's operations, as well as advising on complex solutions for investing and restructuring.
KPMG Law Ukraine is prepared to provide solutions to both simple and complicated issues: from the basic (such as drafting key transaction terms), to the complex (conducting legal due diligence to help you make an informed decision on the structure of further financing, drafting transaction documents, participating in complicated negotiations, supporting transaction closing, and regulating relations between company shareholders in corporate agreements).
To ensure a comprehensive approach in meeting our clients’ needs, the KPMG team applies its broad knowledge and experience; going beyond Ukrainian law to encompass a deep understanding of English law in M&A transactions. As such, where necessary KPMG Law Ukraine can engage our UK colleagues to help handle complex cases that require the application of English law.
- Conducting pre-investment due diligence (comprehensive legal analysis).
- Supporting turnkey M&A transactions from both the seller's and the buyer's side, including: drafting letters of intent, structuring transactions, drafting transaction documents, participating in negotiations, obtaining necessary permits and approvals (including from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and regulators), closing transactions, and supporting company integration after acquisition.
- Advice on setting up effective corporate governance structures.
- Drafting and amending constituent documents in accordance with best practice and legal requirements.
- Supporting dividend distribution, changes to authorised capital, debt-to-equity swaps, share buybacks, reorganisations, liquidations, and other significant corporate procedures
- Supporting intragroup restructuring processes
- Comprehensive analysis of corporate governance compliance with generally accepted practices and standards
- Supporting conclucing shareholders' agreements and negotiations with other parties