Real estate is a key asset and one of the traditional drivers of economic growth, making it a key area of KPMG Law Ukraine’s local and global practice. Addressing domestic and international legal regulation when commencing any real estate deal (from construction and upkeep to acquisition and sales) remains a core concern for clients seeking legal support for their investment projects.
There are many stages to be considered when implementing a real estate investment project, all with their own potential for legal complications: acquiring the rights to a land plot suitable for building or other activities, acquiring ownership or lease of finished facilities, etc. Such projects need to be handled efficiently and comprehensively within the projected timeframe and budget, and properties must be connected to all the necessary infrastructure and communication networks.
Ongoing legislative reforms, dual regulation of land and urban planning issues, and objects with specific protected statuses (e.g. cultural and historical heritage, sanitary zones): all of these concerns and more can create many pitfalls for potential investors.
Supplemented by our technical advisors from across the KPMG global network, KPMG Law Ukraine’s experienced team can help your company successfully implement any real estate project.
- Due diligence of land plots, complexes of buildings and structures, infrastructure projects
- Advice on land allocation, change of designated purpose, and compliance with territories’ functional purpose in accordance with urban planning documentation
- Legal structuring of real estate investments, construction, and infrastructure projects
- Advice on permissions and regulatory compliance, legal support for construction
- Legal support for transactions, preparing and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, lease agreements, construction contracts, financing agreements, security agreements, investment agreements, etc.