Mr. Chen has practiced intellectual property related law areas. He handled and assisted the first Taiwanese company investigated by patent infringement before the U.S. International Trade Commission under the 337 Article of the Tariff Act. He successfully representing many Taiwanese companies to negotiate patent license with the U.S. & European patent holders.
He also representing Taiwanese hi-tech and IT companies for patent licensing; negotiation & litigation in the U.S. either negotiation or litigation brought and filed by companies such as IBM, AT&T, RCA, Lucent, TI, Philips, Intel, Siemens, Micron, Kodak, O2 Micro, Hitachi, NEC, Toshiba, Sharp, Seiko, Samsung, Sisvel, OKI, EMI(TENA), Heraeus, Rockwell, Harris, Gertrude Neumark Rothchild etc.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Chen provided lectures with respect to artificial intelligence, blockchain and fin-tech in the recent years. He taught the U.S. patent litigation as the Technical Personnel at Professor Level, Graduate School of Law in the National Taiwan University. And he had been the Associate Professor, Graduate Institute of Intellectual Property in the National Chengchi University.
- AI and Blockchain related Law
- Internet; Electronic Commence and Intellectual Property Related Law
- Dispute resolution/Counseling/Licensing/Litigation on Copyright; Patent and Trade Secret
- Defending/Negotiating the patent related litigation before the U.S. Federal Courts & ITC
- Fair Trade Law/Anti-trust; Unfair Competition; Entertainment Law; Media Law and Consumer Protection.
Published Articles in Chinese
- Artificial Intelligence, deep Learning/reinforcement Learning related patents and cases study on the machine learning patent infringement cases in early stage of the U.S., Cross Strait Law Review, Angel Law Book, No.65, 2019.9.
- Comment on the judgment held by the Beijing Court in the copyright infringement case Fei Lin Law Firm v. Baidu – defendant arguing works created by AI is not qualified copyright protection - the first AI case in China, Court Case Times, Angel Law Book, No. 86, 2019.8.
- Legal issues regarding patent, financial supervision (RegTech) and damage liability of the cleaner robotics/robo advisor and artificial intelligence, Education Law Review, National Taiwan Normal University, No.3, 2019.6.
- Briefly talking about various legal issues on the AI artificial intelligence, Taiwan Jurist, Angel Law Book, No. 200, 2019.6.
- The three stage developments of the artificial intelligence technology and analysis on the AI related patentability/eligible subject matter and expert system patent infringement case, Education Law Review, National Taiwan Normal University, No.2, 2018. 12.
- Fin-Tech related case study of the U.S. patent infringement litigation , ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute) Project Report (ITRI 2016~17).
- Cases study on the U.S. patent infringement litigation under Federal District Court, CAFC (Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit) and the Supreme Court, ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute) Project Report (ITRI 2014~17).
Master, University of Washington School of Law (LL.M.)
Graduated from National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.B.)
Admitted to Patent Office (Intellectual Property Office)
Passing Taipei Bar & National Justice Examination