Fiona joined the pharmaceutical industry in 2007 and over the last 14 years, she has held senior Medical Affairs roles at, Sanofi Pasteur MSD, Biogen and SOBI at global, regional, and country levels.
Fiona’s last position in the pharmaceutical industry was at SOBI where she led the UK & Ireland Medical Affairs Team focussed on rare & orphan diseases in Haematology (haemophilia, PNH), Immunology (sJIA), & Specialty Care (hATTR, FCS).
Prior to this she was Vice President of Scientific Partnership at Biogen where she was responsible for Global strategic planning & delivery of Scientific Communications, Publications, HCP Engagement, Field Medical Effectiveness & Medical Information Services across the whole portfolio, including MS, Alzheimer’s Disease & SMA.
She has led pre-launch strategy for multiple products as well as having significant experience in thought leader engagement strategy and medical support for market access & reimbursement. Representative Professional and Industry Experience.
- R&D Partnership to support clinical development programmes
- Global Medical Product Launch leadership – HPV, MS, SMA, ITP, hATTR, FCS
- Reimbursement for UK national roll-out of quadrivalent HPV vaccination for adolescent girls
- Partnership with Patient & Professional Organisations for endorsement of educational programmes & research initiatives
- Execution of Global KOL management strategy & tools linking Medical Affairs & R&D
- Delivering EU & Global medical effectiveness initiatives including Veeva based CRM & MedComms platforms
Medical Degree, MBChB, University of Glasgow, 2000
UK GMC Registered Physician with Licence to Practice (Registration Number 4705880)
Therapeutic Area Experience
Rare diseases – hATTR, FCS, SMA, haemophilia, PNH, sJIA, FMF
Vaccines/Infectious diseases – Childhood schedule, RDV (palivizumab), HPV, herpes zoster, travel, flu
Speciality – Neurology (Epilepsy, MS, Parkinsons, AD), Immunology (RA, UC, CD)
C19 – pre-approval therapeutics
Fiona is Chief Medical Officer focussed on Commercial and Medical Strategy & Deals across the UK/Europe/US corridor in Life Sciences.