According to the latest research, USD5.13 trillion is lost every year due to fraud, equivalent to 6.05% of global GDP. Minimising these losses should be a priority so it is important to understand which processes carry the highest risks and how they can be managed.
How we can help
KPMG assesses the effectiveness of your company's internal anti-fraud controls so that you can minimise financial loss. Based on our assessment, we make recommendations on changing existing controls and suggest new ones.
What we do
- We obtain information about a client’s business processes and the risks involved. We examine the company’s regulatory documents and conduct interviews with key employees.
- We determine the fraud risks for each business process and assess their severity. If necessary, we develop a detailed ‘risk map’.
- For each risk, we allocate existing key controls. We evaluate the design of these controls and how they are described in company documents, including whether they are appropriate to the risk level.
- We request and sample supporting documents to assess operational effectiveness.
- We make recommendations based on the results of our analysis, describing how to enhance and improve existing controls. We help clients to develop and implement new controls. We can also suggest necessary amendments to a company’s regulatory documents.
- We provide employee training sessions explaining how to work with the updated control procedures.
What you get
- An assessed and systematised fraud risk determination regarding your company’s business processes.
- Implementation of a Code of Ethics and other similar regulations.
- Updates to existing regulatory documents.
- Effective internal controls at the business process level.
- Significantly increased employee awareness of possible liability in case of misconduct, as well as a better understanding of their duty to prevent fraud.
- We conduct independent assessments of your company’s anti-fraud system.
- We develop a methodology for the subsequent monitoring of the system’s efficiency conducted by the company itself.