Information stored on electronic devices can tip the scales in one’s favour during investigation or litigation. This kind of information is contained in emails, documents, and databases: if it can be conclusively linked to fraudulent activity then the offender will obviously attempt to hide or delete it.
How we can help
KPMG collects and analyses electronic evidence to ensure its safety during transportation and handling.
Our forensic IT services
What we do
- In the event that the necessary information is stored in a paper record, we convert it to a convenient digital format.
- We retrieve data from hard disks.
- We create back-up copies, sealed and kept in a separate physical source. This copy is not subject to analysis and can be used to verify the initial data received.
- We identify the intentional deletion of data and restore it for review.
- We uncover deviations and suspicious transactions in databases.
- We establish connections among suspicious parties and analyse electronic correspondence.
- We analyse user activity, web-browser and messenger history, as well as installed programs.
What you get
- Preservation of electronic data for further examination.
- Recovery of deleted documents which may contain evidence of regulatory or legal violations.
- Full analysis of the data retrieved from electronic media.