Fraud Risk Management
Fraud Risk Management
We help clients in their efforts to prevent instances of fraud and misconduct from occurring.
An ineffective approach to fraud risk management may result in the following types of damages when wrongdoing occurs:
- fines and litigation costs
- costs of borrowed capital
- losses from occupational theft, waste and abuse
- attrition of valued customers, employees and suppliers
- impairments to brand reputation and goodwill
- undervalued stock prices
- adverse shareholder, media and community relations
- detraction of attention and resources from strategic objectives
- erosion of market confidence and trust.
How we can help
Having a reputation for integrity is crucial to safeguarding market confidence and public trust. Unfortunately, fraud and misconduct can seriously undermine such efforts, exposing an organization to legal, regulatory, or reputational damage. That is why experienced business leaders work to ensure that they have effective approaches to mitigating these risks. This is especially important in an environment marked by intense scrutiny and rising enforcement.
KPMG’s Fraud Risk Management services are aimed at helping clients prevent, detect, and respond to fraud and misconduct risks. We do this by working with our clients to design, implement, and evaluate ethics and compliance programs and related antifraud programs and controls. Each project we undertake is as distinct as the clients we serve and geared towards balancing risk and control to achieve performance with integrity. We are accustomed to working with clients in a variety of situations, particularly when the level of scrutiny is high and the margin for error is low.
Whether you require an assessment of fraud and misconduct risks, the design of forensic data analysis tools, or an evaluation of your entire program, our services are intended to be targeted, scalable, and tailored to your needs.
Our services include:
- assessment of needs based on the nature of fraud and misconduct risks and existing controls
- design of ethics and compliance programs and related anti-fraud controls in a manner consistent with regulatory criteria and industry practices
- implementation of programs and controls through the assignment of responsibilities and deployment of resources
- evaluation of program and control effectiveness in achieving their objectives
- Independent Whistle-Blowing System (WBS) to facilitate the reporting of possible fraud and misconduct through KPMG EthicsLine (dedicated website/email, text messages, post), when the normal channels of communication have proven ineffective or difficult.
At forensic, we leverage technology, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning to deploy digital solutions that not only address our client’s needs but also improve effectiveness and cost efficiency.
Here’s how data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning can be deployed to detect and mitigate risks of fraud.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia